The research project is supported by funds from the Slovenian research agency (ARRS).
The project addresses challenges in the field of Bigdata and High-performance computing.
In mathematical modeling, scientific computing and data analysis, increasingly large amounts of data, as well as an increasing demand for computation capabilities, are encountered. Addressing such challenges requires research and the development of new methods and algorithms.
The project methodology combines the insights provided by deep mathematical and scientific results with their applicability in real-world situations. To tackle computationally demanding tasks, we will continue to develop our own software, as well as use and adapt existing technologies.
Within the project scope, we are focusing on the following areas with our partners:
- Representations of graphs, maps, combinatorial configurations and other incidence structures
- Research of geometric, topological and combinatorial representations of graphs and combinatorial structures
- Databases of highly symmetrical combinatorial objects
- Big data and network analysis
- Theoretical computer science
- Numerical analysis and algebra
- Applications in chemistry, synthetic biology and industrial applications.
- Abelium d.o.o.
More about the project
- Infrastructure program I0-0047 - Upgrading services, providing support and maintaining scientific infrastructure