The European Congress of Mathematics (ECM) is the second largest international conference of the mathematical community, taking place every four years. In 2021, the conference is being hosted by the University of Primorska in Slovenia and Abelium is in charge of creating, supporting, and maintaining its digital solutions and processes.
The 8ECM is under the honorary patronage of his excellency mr. Borut Pahor, President of the Republic of Slovenia.Source: 8ECM news article
Ensure a smooth congress for the 1700+ attendees spread across 79 countries as well as all of the event's organizers.
We developed a certified cash register for invoicing.
Simplified processes of registration, scholarship, and abstract submissions.
Backoffice enables tracking of users’ key information.
Supports bank transfers and credit card payments.
The solution: planning, developing and launching a website, including its back office and the automation of digital processes
We provide an all in one digital solution in the form of an organization platform, as well as full technical support before, during and after the congress. Our responsibilities include:
- Digitalization of the following processes:
- Segmented registration for different types of attendees
- User-friendly registration and payment directly through the website
- Automatic invoicing
- Scholarship registration and profile completion
- Accepting registrants’ talk contribution and evaluations
- Publication with summaries from the congress
- Custom calendar and Zoom connection
A modern, responsive, easy to use website with a powerfull backoffice enabling organizers to:
- Edit website content (CMS)
- Provide customer support
- Manage digitalized processes
- Have an analytical overview of the congress
- Manage finances
With this end-to-end digital solution, the conference is now more user-friendly for attendees and enables organizers to create a remarkable event.
The congress hosted world-class mathematicians, including Fields medalists and Abel prize laureates.
In the span of 5 days, over 1700 participants of the 8th European congress of mathematics collaborated in more than 450 hours of high-level mathematical content.
- UP FAMNIT in cooperation with the Andrej Marušič Institute, University of Primorska (leading partner)
- University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Mathematics and Physics
- University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Education
- University of Maribor, Faculty of Natural Sciences and Mathematics
- Society of Mathematicians, Physicists, and Astronomers of Slovenia
- Institute of Mathematics, Physics and Mechanics
- Slovenian Discrete and Applied Mathematics Society
- Jozef Stefan Institute
- ACE.Trade - We developed an entry-level app for crypto trading. It simplifies the first steps in the crypto world for initiatives and first time traders, while staying compliant with regulations.
- EDISON WINCI - A project for developing the infrastructure, competencies, and elements of business models for logistical systems of contactless-charging electric vehicles.
- KumuluzAPI - Establishing an API ecosystem of smart cities and communities